The dust has finally settled in the inaugural Lake Basin Innovation and Investment Week 2019, with the Lake Basin Business Leaders Awards Gala happening last night at the Acacia Premier Hotel.
It has been a week punctuated with keynote speeches, graced by Her Excellency Susie Kitchens, the Deputy British High Commissioner to Kenya, the Kisumu County Deputy Governor, Dr. Mathews Owili, Ronnie Osumba from iGov Africa, Michael Onyango from ICT Blockchain Taskforce, Linda Onyango from SME Centre, GiZ, among other dignitaries.
The week also had Innovation exhibitions along the Jomo Kenyatta Highway week-long, panel discussions, three Hack for Lake Victoria hackathons at LakeHub, American Corner, and at Acacia Premier Hotel, a CEOs Dinner at The Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, among many other events.
The awards gala saw competitors awarded in this inaugural competition of celebrating excellence and innovation in enterprises from across the region.
Heartfelt congratulations to all the winners.
This below is how the awards were awarded.
- Kid entrepreneur of the year – Rahmina Paulette from Kisumu County
- Emerging entrepreneur of the year Laura Jean-Louis of Tembea Kisumu, Kisumu County.
- Best youth exhibitor of the year #Robotics101 from Kanga High School.
- Female entrepreneur of the year – Hurley Juma of Hurley’s Collection, Kisumu County.
- Youth Entrepreneur of the year – Bonface Jiveri from Vihiga County
- Person Living with disability of the year – Amos Kogo from Nandi County
- Entrepreneur of the year – Sam Wawire from Vihiga County